Thursday, September 8, 2016

Just Get It Done

Ric Nagualero was interviewed on Artists Helping Artists in 2012 and I listened to it yesterday.  I loved his enthusiasm and is sensibility.  He strips down all the bull crap of artists' excuses and reminds us to just DO IT. 

I write scads of notes on various post-its and paper pads at work and come home with a purse full of paper.  The wrinkled scraps end up in piles on my desk, waiting to be transferred to a notebook.
I started this blog recently and think this would be a good spot for those notes.  Somewhere I can reference back to and also share what feeds my art soul...

Some tips I want to remember from Ric:

"You will never know how good you can be until you give art your very best."

"Make peace with yourself."

"What really matters is asking me, what is my focus?"

"Face fear.  Take baby steps.  1 fear at a time."

"Aim HIGH.  Just DO IT"

"Start where you are!"

Amateur:  Dreams of Fame
Pro:          Prepares for Battle

Amateur:   Hides work
Pro:           Shows work, takes risk

Amateur:   "I do it for the love of art, that is all"
Pro:           "I love to paint and be able to make a living at it"

Amateur:   Paints when he/she feels inspired/feels like it.
Pro:           Gets in the studio and paints every day even when he/she doesn't feel like it. It's your JOB

Amateur:   Is shy about art
Pro:           Is confident about art (fake if needed)

Amateur:   Too late, too old excuse
Pro:            Works at it, rewards as he/she works



http://nagualero.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment