Friday, September 23, 2016

DAY 23 (30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge) HOT MESS

I missed Day 22.  I have been working two jobs, getting ready for a fiber art show and trying to do daily painting.  It caught up with me today and I let things get the best of me.

I sat down to the easel tonight to finally paint the sunflower I have been thinking about for two days.  It started out so beautiful but, once again, I overworked the painting, ruining it and wasting a ton of paint.

I changed the painting to this abstract.  A muddy, overworked mess with a hot streak across it.  Just like me today. (and even after I wrote this, I struggled getting it posted on the daily challenge... I'm tellin' ya.. It's time for sleep!!)

I usually try to stay positive but I LET today beat me up.  At least I can see that this past year has been a lot better for me, days like this are very few and far between now.  I definitely have grown and found more peace this last year.

and Hells Bells, at least I got a painting done tonight! LOL




DAY 23 (30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge)
"HOT MESS"
5X7
OIL




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you posted your hot mess. I usually start over. I have to say... there is some terrific energy going on in that mud! Glad to hear things are improving for you. Always good to hear, and gives me hope! hahaha

    ReplyDelete