Tuesday, September 27, 2016

DAY 27 (30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge) NUTMEG

I learned tonight that one of my favorite buns at the rabbit rescue passed this week.  Nutmeg was so so special and I wanted to take her home so many times but her medical problems required Alex's daily attentiveness.   After painting this painting of her, I found out another one had also not survived after I had rescued it in Washington.  He had a tumor that caused failure to thrive.  I am so heartbroken tonight....

NUTMEG
5X7
#164
OIL

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute. Sorry to hear your sad news. May they rest in bunny heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words~ She was a very special little girl...

      Delete
  2. Sad to hear, but this is a great tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete