Thursday, September 15, 2016

Day 15 (30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge) Hidden

My husband ended up sleeping on the couch last night so I found myself at 530 this morning sipping coffee in my art room, staring at the paint.  I glanced at the clock and found about 30 minutes of time before prepping to go to work, usually computer time on a normal day.  I looked at my rabbit rescue article pinned to the wall in front of my easel and decided to paint the rabbit pictured on the newspaper.

I started with a green under painting and began sketching the blocks in like Carol Marine shows in her "daily painting" book.  I love starting this way and love how the under painting comes through my subject.  I was tired and goofed a couple times and  I still overworked parts but had fun and was amazed I had finished the painting in 30 minutes and only one cup of coffee. 

So painting in the morning was my new technique.  I think I liked it. No distractions other than the cat screaming for food.

Day 15- 30 in 30 Daily Paint Challenge

"Hidden"
5x7
Oil

1 comment:

  1. Such a familiar face - we live in the country with so many bun buns this year. They are brave this go round and I hardly ever see this face lately. You captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete