Saturday, September 10, 2016

DAY 10 (30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge) Allergies

I woke up, excited to try my first still life painting for my 30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge.  I cut the most amazing roses from our bushes out front and put them in a clear glass vase.  I set them on the back patio, ready to paint in the morning sun.  As I started working on another project, it became apparent that my sinuses would not be clearing up and soon turned into a full blown allergy attack.   After Brett got home from work in the afternoon, I went with him out the back door and saw the wilted roses fading against the sides of the glass vase, heads down in disgust at the missed opportunity of being painted.

I still had to figure out what to paint even though my allergies were horrible.  I settled on a box of kleenex tissue.  My best friend on days like these.  I rushed through the drawing, as you can see by my proportion errors but am happy that I worked on a still life for the first time and worked on shadows and value more than anything else.  

I feel bad that I am having to rush through these daily paintings as I try to learn new techniques but right now, my main focus is to just make sure I paint every day.  I have already learned so much by doing this and already am planning other 30 day challenges just focusing on techniques and value and color.  Also, I believe the rushing and short time I am giving these paintings is actually helping me loosen up my techniques and not overwork as much. 

Oh and something else I am ECSTATIC about!!  I finally found those rubber tipped pointy tools to sign (scratch) my name in the paint!  I LOVE it!!

DAY 10 (30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge)
"Allergies"
#218
5x7
Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment