Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"It's not about the subject, it's about the concept."

I have been working temporarily at the job I left last September.   I have been listening to Artists Helping Artists blog talk radio to help pass the hours in front of the computer doing data entry.  The podcast keeps me super inspired and I am learning so much.  This blog talk radio has been an incredible lifesaver and motivator for me and I am so thankful I found it.

I listened to an interview with Nancy Franke yesterday and I woke up thinking about what she said that has been bouncing in my head since yesterday.   "It's not about the subject, it's about the concept". 

I have always trapped myself with frustration as a piece never turns out like the photograph when, in actuality, my art is formed by my soul and the way I am move to add color and strokes.  I still have a long way to go and know that most of it is ends up trying to fix the painting from my careless color blends and overworking but the inspiration of these artists to focus on what art is about is keeps me hungry to learn and improve and enjoy.

https://www.saetastudio.com/artists-helping-artists















http://nancyfranke.com/

 



No comments:

Post a Comment