Thursday, September 29, 2016

DAY 29 (30 in 30 DAILY PAINTING CHALLENGE)

DAY 29 (30 IN 30 DAILY PAINTING CHALLENGE)

Wow, it's almost done.  How can I feel so relieved yet feel so inspired?

I did another 8x8 canvas with oil and gold leaf, I love working with the abstract.  I think it's the textures and colors that capture me.   These abstracts are layers and layers of color and texture.  Definitely running through the paint but learning a lot.  I need to figure out how to draw out abstract designs so I know where I am going before I start and so I can save some paint....

I'd been avoiding the use of primary colors for a long time but today, like many other days this month, I just simply faced my fears and avoidance and just embraced the colors in this abstract which I think might be one of my favorite paintings this month.

The photographs do these gold leaf abstracts NO justice at all.

I'm too tired to come up with a name tonight...
8x8
#165
Oil




No comments:

Post a Comment