Saturday, September 17, 2016

Quite the day!

Started out the day at 4:30am with a trip to the emergency vet with our dog who's face was badly swollen.  After making sure she was ok and giving her an IV of steroids, we headed to our favorite coffee drive-thrus and then headed home, not forgetting to treat Lucy to a "Puppychino" from Dutch Bros.










After the scare, I spent a fabulous day with mom in Portland.  We had planned a trip to the zoo for art photo references but it ended up raining (for the first time in months!) so we switched our day to visiting hat shops and galleries.  We stopped at the most amazing gallery of faeries and trolls.  Amazing artwork and such a magical place!  Don't miss it!  Fernie Brae in Portland!

 









We had also discovered that Portland had a Blick Art Store as well.  I picked up a sketch pad and pencils while there.  I sketched Mom's portrait while she was driving, my first live model and while driving in a car.  I have not drawn portraits in about 20 years and was nervous but she encouraged me to just keep trying.  It was nerve wracking but very fun. 





















Love you mom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment