Saturday, September 1, 2018

FLUIID "POUR" PAINTING

While visiting my mom a couple of weeks ago, she mentioned wanting to try something called pour painting.  I had never been interested in pour painting but she soon reeled me in as we watched You Tube videos and talked about getting together soon to try it.  While perusing the paint aisles at Hobby Lobby, I came across heavenly deals for acrylic paint and soon scooped more than 20 large tubes of colors into my basket.  After debating on colors and settling on a dozen, I traipsed through more stores for the special mediums that created the beautiful cells.  Finally finding the rest of the materials, I got home and plopped the plastic bags onto my craft room floor to wait for my mom and I's next get together.  On one quiet Saturday at home, I couldn't wait any longer and pulled out everything to give it a try out on the back patio.   I watched as the cells developed and fell madly in love with this unpredictable and beautiful art technique.  I have been having great fun with it and learning from my initial mistakes.  The dirty pour technique is my favorite and I am learning how to do a wet papertowel swpe.  Here are some of the fluid paintings I have done this last week....
 Jupiter Sundance 
8" Round On Birch

Surfacing
8x8 Stretched Canvas

 Galaxy Quest
8x10 Sretched Canvas

Aerial
8x8 Stretched Canvas


Time Warp
11x17 Stretched Canvas


  
Breaking Out
8x8 Stretched Canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment