Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Day 5 of 30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge

Even though the daily painting challenge coordinator, Saeta, made it clear to just have fun and not worry about making one  every day, I started to panic last night that it was 7:30pm and I hadn't started on my painting.  Then I realized I have been painting a day ahead and still had time on Day 5 if needed but I still managed to finish a fluid pour painting and am really happy with the style.  The colors are fun, a little too much orange I think but I still like it.  I had watched a YouTube video showing that I should leave some white space around the pour to give viewers' eyes a place to rest while they study the painting.  I tried it by first adding white to the canvas around where I was going to pour, then flip cup poured and then tilted the canvas so the pour ran into the white but not all the way.  REALLY cool effect, I really love how it turned out.   I had poured over a botched pour from a few days ago.  It's nice to learn how to reuse the canvases without wasting them.
 

"Looking Ahead"
Acrylic Mixed Media- 8x8 on Stretched Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment