Wednesday, January 4, 2017

DAY 3- 30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge Jan 2017 "GRANDMA JOAN"

Day 3-30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge January 2017

We lost my grandmother last night...  She lived with Lewy Body Dementia for many years....  Even through the strokes, lost speech and memory problems, she always remembered who we were and was so happy when she saw any of us.  I am glad she is at peace but I will miss her so much.... 

I had to paint her as I thought of her heavily today.  It's still a work in progress.  I don't feel like I can capture her eyes...  I knew it would be challenging to take this on with still learning how to paint in oil but I felt like it was all I wanted to do right now....  My grandma also painted before her arthritis prevented her from holding a brush.  I hope she is happy with the painting....

"Grandma Joan"
8x10
Oil



1 comment:

  1. So wonderful Kyla. So sorry for your loss. A blessing that she still know her family in the end. This is a wonderful tribute, and I think you have captured her lovely spirit here. I hope if you do come back to it, you will share any changes or additions with us. Wishing you peace :/

    ReplyDelete