Monday, February 5, 2018

DAY 5 of 30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge Feb 2018

DAY 5 of my mini mushroom collection for the 30 in 30 Daily Painting Challenge

I struggled a lot with this one and wish there was more detail.  I paint wet on wet (alla prima) and I work the same colors over and over which dulls my paintings and then I can't get detail.  I need to figure out less brush strokes to get more vibrant colors and so I can add a little better detail. 

I am finding my frustration level climbing again at this day as I did with the last three challenges where I stopped right around this day.  I am determined to work through my frustration and continue to have fun and learn more and not worry that they don't turn out great, that at least I am painting and I have a lot of days to go to make one again that I DO like :)


2 comments:

  1. I think it is lovely, and sweet. A little clan. Sort of make me think of the book on gnomes I had when I was young. I loved that book, and I know now, it was all because of the artwork. I am always struggling to be loose in my work, and to me this ia a wonderful example. But I understand completely, your frustration. :) Just paint one more day. And then another. ;)

    ReplyDelete