Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Facing Fears

My "Marcela in Dia de los Muertos" portrait will be at the Springfield Mayor's Art show starting October 8th.   I am scared to DEATH, I am just starting with oil painting and there is such amazing art entered. The day of the entries was very hectic and crazy and this painting was the only thing I had ready to go.  I am so scared to show my oil painting so soon but I am hoping so much that people will enjoy it, my friend's niece in El Salvador so beautifully showcases her participation in Dia de los Muertos and I hope that I can relay that in the painting.  I also convinced my mom to submit one of her fabulous pieces as well!! We're planning on going to the open reception Friday at 7! I am so excited to look at all of the amazing artwork! 

2 comments: